Check out Sara's video on how to apply! Informative and humorous, all at the same time!
Using a natural deodorant is so much healthier for your body in the long run, but it does come with some challenges for some people. Baking soda is a key ingredient in our formula. It works wonders for most, but others can be a bit sensitive. Baking soda messes with your natural pH levels. Most people can handle it, but a few may need to try and reset their pH balance. If you have already done your "PIT DETOX" then see my tips below:
1. While in the shower, EXFOLIATE. Sometimes, your skin can build up dead skin cells which can lead to a darker color. If you shave in the shower, be sure to wait at least 30 minutes before starting step 2.
2. In a small spray/spritz bottle, mix 1 cup distilled water and 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar. Give your pits a good spray before applying your deodorant.
3. When applying your deodorant, remember, a little goes a long way. Try putting the deodorant on your pits for 5 seconds (letting your body heat warm it up) and then give just one twist in the center. I know this may sound like not enough, but that's how I do it every day.
So you're new to this whole Natural Thing?! You may need to do a "PIT DETOX" before you go running to telling everyone that natural deodorant doesn't work and caused your armpits to break out. :)
You need to pull the chemicals from using antiperspirants over the years. This is where some people develop a rash when they try a natural deodorant for the first time. Try my tips below to help you on your way to a healthier YOU:
1. Try switching when the weather cools down and you a less prone to be a stinky mess.
2. Stop using your non-natural deodorant cold-turkey. Begin using your Smiley Pits but note the following steps so you will know what to expect.
3. You may sweat more, and smell more rancid than ever (while working out and sweating), but this shall pass and you will be happy you detoxed. Just tell your tennis partner, running partner, workout buddy, etc. that you are truly testing their friendship!
4. To get that rancid smell off you, try using witch hazel in the shower. Soap and water didn't do it for me, but witch hazel was perfect.
4. Use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (or any organic ACV that has "the mother") to reset your pH levels in your pits. Mix 1 TBSP ACV with 1 cup distilled water (not your tap water, folks!)
5. You should start noticing a change in about a week, every person is different.